Friday, July 25, 2008

It's a girl!!!!

A few weeks ago my mom was up here and we really wanted to go to the mall to see if they could tell what the baby is going to be. I was only 13 weeks, but we fibbed a little and told them I was ALMOST 17 weeks, thinking they would turn us away for not being far enough along. (I'm sure they wouldn't have, they just want our money!) That was my first ultrasound and it was AMAZING! It was the weirdest thing ever. I could not believe that that was inside me. It was moving around like crazy but I couldn't feel a thing. The only thing I could say was "this is so weird!" So it turns out that it is going to be a girl!! I am so excited. I didn't care either way what it was, but secretly I was hoping for the first granddaughter on my side so she'll be super spoiled!! But I am really really excited and I want her here already. I am only 15 weeks now and I'm still not showing, so i'll post some pics as soon as I do. 

I've been wanting to make the crib bedding and I found this and I think it's so cute! I think I might attempt something like this.
I've also been lusting over this diaper bag. I think it is so cute! (Just a little out of my price range!) It's been so fun looking at baby girl things!
And don't worry I'm still sick, hence the blogging on Friday night:) This baby really wants me to appreciate her when she gets here!! 

11 comments:

B and B Slack said...

How exciting Melissa! That bedding is so adorable, good luck! Hope the nausea and puking comes to a stop soon!

ashley said...

heyy!!! im soo excited for you. babies are so fun. girl stuff is so much cuter than boy...i have to be reminded that i have a boy everytime i go shopping cause the little dresses are just so dang cute. mayve next time :) anyways...matix jaxson and baby harrison need to have play dates like their mommys did when they were young. haha

Ashley Harris said...

Yay for your baby girl! We are all so excited for you guys, although I really hope you start to feel better soon. And I am so impressed, in addition to all of your other amazing qualities, you are also a seamstress?! How did Matt get so lucky?! Cute bedding, adorable bag (I can't believe it's a diaper bag!) and I can't wait to see some pictures of skinny little you with your baby bump!

Jan Harrison said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!! We are SOSOSO excited for this little one!! Of course we love girls!! (Matt too!)
I love the crib bedding--its great!

Sara & Saylor said...

WOO HOO!!! SO excited! I can't wait for her and buddy to be friends!!!!

Hanna said...

I REALLY like that crib.

I put some of the demolition derby pictures up on my blog...just in case you cared at all.

Tanier G said...

MELISSA....I just got a blog and so I'm tracking down all my old friends...ha, hope you don't mind! I am so excited for you and Matt! Congratulations on the good news!

West's said...

Hey Melissa this is Tara (Simmons) West! Sorry I blog stalked, but I am so excited for you! You look great and trust me all the puking is worth it! Have fun & good luck!

R+M said...

Oh how fun! we are so excited for you guys, and seriously can't wait to meet her! We'll be back to Utah just in time for her grand appearance!

ps hope you're feeling better!

Jacy Leany said...

Melissa!! CONGRATS!! That is so exciting!! Love that you are having a girl!! Keep us updated!! And tell the family Hello!!!

Myles N Amanda said...

melissa , jeremy rogers sister, Im SOOO excited for you , i might be as far long as you . i am having a girl to, julie told me you were pregers! so congrats , i want my baby to be here to , the shopping doesn't help it just gets me more excited!