Thursday, September 11, 2008

Busy Days

So I feel like my life has been really hectic/stressfull these past few weeks. School started, I went back to work today, I'm getting bigger and bigger by the hour. I know the reason I feel stressed is because life is returning back to normal. No more just laying around and feeling sick for me. I just need to get back into the swing of things! 


As far as school goes, I am taking 15 credits so that I will only have 30 credits left after this semester. Don't ask me when i'll take those classes as we will be having a baby in January, but at least it's only a year and maybe someday I will finish!! I didn't go to school last semester so I feel like it's been years since I went to school. I've realized how much I missed it. I love going to school and learning new things. I don't like the homework part, but I really do love school. 

I have had the worst anxiety about going back to work. Way back in April when I quit from Red Lobster I trained at Ruby River for 2 days and I only worked for 1 day then I got too sick to go back. So I really didn't work there. Today I went in with Matt and just followed him to kinda get the hang of it again. I had anxiety because I hate not knowing what I'm doing. I hate being the new person at a job and having to ask everyone everything. I didn't sleep at all last night cause I was just a stresscase!! Needless to say today was great. Work is not as bad as I remember it:) I just needed to get over those first day jitters. I helped that I was with Matt so I just asked him all my questions! He's such a good husband and a hard worker, and the best server ever:)

We had our ultrasound on Tuesday and I was so worried about that too. If I hadn't have had that ultrasound at 13 weeks I would have been a real head case. I was still so worried that everything wasn't ok. It turns out that everything looks perfect. My due date is right on, and it's still a GIRL!! I was convinced they were going to tell me it's a boy. Holm's just don't make girls:) I'm so releived that she is doing great. I've been feeling her move around like crazy now. It's the weirdest thing. It really just freaks me out that I have a living thing inside me moving around. I love it though. It truly is a miracle. I just feel so blessed that we have the opportunity to bring one of heavenly fathers children to our little family. A couple nights ago you could see her moving around like crazy. It's really fun that Matt can see and feel her moving now, and I know it's not just gas:) I am so excited to have a little girl. Matt is going to be the cutest dad to our little girl! I can't wait to see him being a dad. 

My clothes are officially too small for me now. I can not button up any of my jeans. I hate not being able to fit into my clothes!!! but I know it's for a good cause!! I really really don't want to buy maternity jeans so i've just been wearing mine unbuttoned (and some unzipped) and I just wear a long shirt so you can't see. We'll see how much longer that lasts:) On the plus side of gaining weight it is time for a bigger bra. I've never even been able to fit into by A bras and now i'm moving up!  

Also, Matt and I are speaking in our sacrament meeting this Sunday!! Ahhh, I haven't spoken in church since I was like 9 when my whole family spoke when we first moved to St. George. I've been stressing over this too just a little! Hopefully all goes well! 

My best friend Shalesa got married last weekend in the Las Vegas Temple. I went down to St. George for her reception on Thursday and Matt drive down Friday night so we could go to their sealing in Vegas on Saturday. Friday night we had a little bachelorette party for her. it was a lot of fun, we went to Crystal Palace and skated our little hearts out. Then we just went to dinner and had some girl time. It was really nice to hang out with girls for a weekend. I missed Matt terribly, but girl time every now and then is good. I'm so happy for Shalesa and Chase, I love them both and hope their having fun on their honeymoon:)


3 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

I LOVED reading your update! Isn't it just the weirdest/most incredible thing ever to feel the baby move! I'm excited for that stage in this pregnancy and wondering if it will feel any different than the twins. Like will I feel more because there's just one in there and more room to move around or less because there's just one, you know?!

I totally know what you mean about stressing before doctor's appointments. The night before I have ultrasounds or appointments I seriously can't sleep all night long because I'm so anxious and worried. I'm hoping that will go away the farther along I get.

I'm glad that you have Matt there to help you so much at work. I'm sure he loves having you there and making sure no one is hitting on you!

Oh, and I ALREADY am nearly to the point that I can't fit into my jeans, and I'm only 12 WEEKS! My belly just popped right out this time! It's like it said "Oh, I remember this ... POP!" I'm trying to go one more week before I pull out the maternity clothes but I don't think I'm going to make it!

I know this has to be the record for longest comment ever, I probably just should have emailed you!, but it's so fun that we're both pregnant and I just love you and I'm so excited for you and your little girl! Oh, and of course Matt. He'll be a great dad, he's so awesome with Ethan and Kate. :)

Jan Harrison said...

You sure have a full plate right now! So much going on! I can't tell you how excited we are to meet your sweet babe. We are wondering if Matt will tease her like he did all his sisters all his life, or be super sweet with her because it's HIS daughter!?! Anyway-hope everything keeps going well!Love ya!

B and B Slack said...

Meliss, I just had to laugh at your bra comment....that's the Melissa I remember ha! Hope all is well!