I've been trying to get updated on my blog but that's going to take me a while so I just wanted to take a breather from updating to write down a few things so I don't forget. A few months ago, for a few months I was having a really hard time. My kids were really really hard. I don't know what it was or why, but I was just about ready to throw in the towel and just let Matt be the mom and i'd go to work:) jk but seriously it was a rough couple of months. Actually now that i'm writing this I remember that Drake was pretty sick so he was whiny a lot and wanted no one but me, and June wasn't getting very much attention so she was sooooooooooo whiny, always asking to be held, didn't listen, she was mean to her brother, mean to everyone around her, she was just really hard. But they both like flipped a switch or something because they are so much fun right now. Of course not everyday all day, but it is so much better around our house these days! I seriously can't get enough of Drake, he has got so much personality lately and he is so dang funny! He knows where his tummy is. He'll lift up his shirt and point to his belly button. I need to take a picture of his belly button, it is an outy, and it's kinda funny looking! ha it's super squishy and he just found it and he likes to play with it and he'll show you where it is! haha He has the fattest little cheeks and double chin and he does this little look kind of a shy look with his head down and he gets the biggest double chin and this goofy grin and it makes me laugh every time! He loves to yell. He yells gagagaga all day long. He gets right up in peoples face and yells at them. He is finally walking! Well he still crawls most of the time, but he can walk! yay i've been waiting for this! His little frankenstien walk is the cutest. When I get him up in the morning or from his nap he gives the best hugs. This kid will eat like there's never going to be food again. The other day for breakfast he had a whole waffle, not like an eggo, i'm talking the whole big homeade waffles, a whole orange, 2 eggs with cheese on them, a whole sippy of apple juice, a handful of blueberries and then like an hour later was whining for more food. Seriously I might need to put him on a diet! ha He's the complete opposite of june. This same morning I made her one egg and she didn't even finish that. The girl won't eat anything. It's torture getting her to eat anything, so i've kind of given up on making her eat anything. I'll still make her food and try to get her to eat it, but I don't make her eat it, so most of the time she doesn't hardly eat anything, but she doesn't ever act like she's hungry so lets hope she doesn't starve herself!
June just turned 3 last week and I still need to post about that, her little party was so fun and we had so much fun on her actual birthday. She is the cutest little 3 year old I know. Her turning 3 makes me so happy, but also sad at the same time. She is getting so big!! I want her to stop growing and to stay my little princess forever! It is making me teary eyed writing this because I don't want her to get any bigger! I love love love this age. She tells me she wants a princess dress on everyday. She wants her hair curled like a princess and that her bum is a princess bum. She wants to do everything like a princess. She twirls in her dresses like a princess. this dress that she has on in this pictures she has had on the past 3 days, even sleeps in it. She is obsessed with it. Matt got it for her from h&m and she loves it. She says the funniest things. I need to start writing them down because of course I never remember them, but she is hilarious. She is so stinkin smart. She can trace anything you give her, all her letters, numbers, she has known her letters for a long time now, she knows every shape, every color, count to 20, she can count to 5 in spanish, she seriously just loves learning. She could have books read to her for hours. She loves to have dance parties. I'll turn on the music and we'll dance in the front room and she just twirls and dances it's the cutest thing. but if I sit down she gets mad. I have to dance the whole time too! She always wants to hold Drake, but he weighs only a few lbs less than her so it's not very possible for her to hold him, but she still wants to try all the time. She always has to have one of my necklaces on. I wear the same one everyday so she thinks she has to have one on too. She started saying she's afraid of the dark so we had to get her a night light. When we put her down to sleep and i'm about to leave her room she always says i'm not tired. without fail everynight she says it. She also says that it's not fun to go to sleep alone. So she has to sleep with liike 5 stuffed animals and her baby doll. If you ask her who her best friend is she always says Katie. (her cute cousin) Every once in a while she'll say Drake, but most the time its Katie. I am so grateful to be a mom to these two little munchkins and I wish I could freeze time right now. I am so lucky to have them and am honored that I get to have their sweet spirits in my home to teach them. It scares me so bad what these two sweet little innocent kids are going to have to face in their lifetime, but I only hope that I can teach them to make good choices and I just want them to always know how much I love them! Love you June and Drake!!!




2 comments:
That was a sweet post - love those two kids!!!
What cute kids! Glad to know I am not the only one that loves my kid to death, but has those days you want to pull your hair out or hide! I'd love to get together next time you are here---or I am there!
Post a Comment