Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Nora Ann


Nora is finally here! She was born October 15th at 9:13 pm. 
She was 7lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. 
She is perfect! Everything went so well! 





Labor Story
So my mom came in town on the 12th to try to be here for Nora's birth. I honestly thought I would have had her by then, but i'm glad I didn't so my mom could be there. I was scheduled to be induced on the 16th just to make sure my mom could see her before she had to go back to her mission. She could only stay until the 18th. I really didn't want to be induced, so monday morning I called dr. Huish to see if he could strip my membranes one more time. He had stripped them 2 other times and they gave me pretty good contractions each time, but never put me into labor. So I went in that morning at like 9:30 and by about 12:30 we were at lunch and Rumbi with some people from my parents mission, I started having contractions. They were like 5 min. apart but not painful, just uncomfortable. They started getting closer together but still not painful. They were like 2 min apart when we got home from lunch so I went on a long walk to try to get things going. I thought it was false labor and I really thought it would go away like the last times. Everytime I would sit down my contractions would go to like 10 min. apart but when I was standing and walking around they would be about 2 min apart. We decided to go to the park and by about 4 they were getting super painful so I said we should go to the hospital. We got to the hospital at 5. I was dialated to a 5 and I think 75% effaced. They admitted me and I got my epidural about an hour later. It was seriously the best thing ever! I don't think I had been that relaxed in months! My water broke pretty fast after that and by like 9:10 I was ready to push. Matt, My mom, and Julie were in the room and Matt's parents were waiting outside. I pushed 4 times and she was here! They put her on my chest and it was so surreal! I had been waiting and waiting for this little girl and she was finally here!!!! She had so much dark hair! I was so suprised at that. She hardly cried. I just held her on my chest for a while and it was perfect! I could give birth everyday. That moment of meeting and seeing your baby for the first time is unlike anything in this world! The best moment ever! She has been an angel baby. She is a week old yesterday and we are so in love with her. June and Drake absolutely adore her! When I got home from the hospital they heard the garage door open and they both come out yelling NORA!!!!! It was seriously the cutest thing ever. They both want to hold her and kiss her all day long. Anytime she cried Drake says "oh Nora" in this sweet worried voice. I was most worried about him but he is doing so well. June is doing well too, I think she's having a bit of a harder time trying to figure out what her place is. I just need to be better about keeping her busy and letting her help and letting her know that she is so important and just give her activities and things to do. 
The adjustment from 2-3 has been sooo much easier than from 1-2. It's nice that June and Drake have eachother for company while I take care of Nora. I feel like I can take them all out and not get too stressed out! haha we just can't rush anything and take our time wherever we go:) I can't get out of the house before 10 that's for sure! 
We are loving having a newborn in the house. The sweet snuggles and snorts and grunts of a tiny baby are the best! I could hold her all day long and I do hold her all day long! She hardly gets put down. I am absolutely in love with her and all my kids! I can't believe we have 3 kids!! 
We love you so much Nora and we are so happy you are a part of our family!!!! 

0 comments: