I can't believe June is finally here! Being a mom is seriously the best thing in the whole world. Ok so last Sunday at around 1:30 in the morning my water broke. I wasn't sure if it really was my water so I went back to bed and I woke up about 5 more times with the same thing, so we went to the hospital around 10. When we got there the nurse tested about 5 times and it came up negative that it had broke so they were going to send us home, but then the doctor came in and I won't get into details here but it turns out that my water really had broke, so they admitted me right there. I instantly started shaking and I got so nervous. I wasn't ready quite yet, I was positive I was going home! They started me on patocin at 2:15. The doctors and the nurses were telling me that as soon as I wanted an epidural to just get one. I started feeling contractions and I wasn't dialating. I was almost a 2 but I didn't want to feel any more contractions so I just got an epidural and that was the best thing in the world. I don't know how people do it without medication! I definitly couldn't do it. I wasn't dialating very fast but once I got to a 6 it was like an hour later that they told me I was fully dialated! I got nervous again and I couldn't stop shaking. The doctor came in and I pushed for 45 minutes and June was here!!! 2:33 7.7 and 20 inches long. It was the most amazing experience! I am so in love with her! We stayed in the hospital till Tuesday morning. I wanted to leave cause I didn't want to spend my birthday in the hospital. She is seriously the best baby. I have to wake her up to feed her. She never cries and is just so content. Here are some pictures of her first few days.


Matt is such a sweet daddy. It is so sweet to see him with her. June loves her dad.

Grandma and baby June
Grandpa and Baby June
First family photo. I know I look lovely! If I would've known they were going to keep me at the hospital I would have gotten a little more ready!
She didn't enjoy her car seat
Just about to go home!
These are a little out of order, but Matt made us a birthday cake. His first cake and it was delicious!
Julie and June. I'm so glad Julie could be there for the whole thing. She is such a good aunt!
Her first tutu
Getting her first mancure
Uncle Mike


11 comments:
Look at all her hair! She is precious...call me if you come to St.George I need to come see her!
She is AMAZING!! See you tomorrow!!!XOXOXO
congrats she is so cute. isn't it awesome? you will be such a good mom. have fun cause it really does go by fast, krue is already sitting up. and way jealous of the hair.
Way to go Melissa! sounds like you did well! she is just a doll! what hospital did you deliver at?
She's beautiful Matt & Melissa! Congratulations!!
She's so beautiful! I'm so sad that I'm not there to see her, it's very sad that I have this adorable little niece and I probably won't see her until July! So sad!!
I'm glad that your delivery went pretty smoothly, although it probably didn't feel very smoothly at the time!
Thanks Melissa! and I have to agree being a mom is like heaven on earth! Although i will say having three under three has been a bit wild! lets just say I don get out much!lol I delivered at orem community...i like it cuz its really small and low key...did you like university? most people do. we are so close we need to get together! s
me and matix need to meet baby june! happy birthday to you and baby! i always remember my half bday=your bday!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I just found your blog through McCall and Ryan's and I'm going to add you to my list so I can look at pictures of your cute June!
I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog and congrats on your gorgeous baby! Seeing all these cute babies being born makes me so excited to have mine!
WOW! look at that hair! you can put clips in it! i will be able to do that one day.... hopefully before she is 1 yrs old. she soo tiny and so cute!!
Post a Comment