Sunday, November 21, 2010

He's Here!!!

Drake Matthew Harrison
Nov. 17th 2010
7:50 pm
7lbs 12 oz. 20 1/4 inch





So here's the story. All night Tues night I was having contractions 10 minutes apart. Literally from 8 that night to 9 the next morning. They never got any closer together or got more painful or anything, just annoying and I couldn't sleep at all! The contractions pretty much stopped at 9. I had a Dr. appointment wed at 1:40.My Dr. checked me and I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced. He said I could have him that day, or it could take another week, no way of knowing. So I leave the Dr. office and I meet my mother in law at Costco to grab some diapers for June. I start having contractions on the drive over there, but nothing serious. Walking around they start to get a little worse and they are about 6 minutes apart. I leave Costco around 3 and I call Matt while I'm driving home pretty much in tears saying I'm scared to drive home cause I'm having contractions! I didn't know if I was really in labor or if the Dr checking me just made me contract or what! I called my mom driving home too and I start to cry telling her to come, but I don't know if she should come because I don't know if it's real labor! ha Thank goodness she just said she was going to come anyways. I get home and my contractions are getting worse and closer together so I call my friend Annie to take June over to her house, Matt gets our bags and puts them in the car and I start walking out to the car and Matt tells me I'm going to need some pants on! haha I totally would've walked out of the house with no pants on and wouldn't even have noticed! I still wasn't sure I was in true labor because in between contractions I felt totally fine, but when I was having contractions I was in so much pain!!! I never felt any contractions with June so I didn't realize that you do feel totally fine in between the contractions! We drop June off with Annie and head over to the hospital. We get there and I make Matt wait in the parking lot because I was in between contractions and I felt fine and I didn't want to go in and have them tell me to just go home and feel stupid! We waited 2 minutes, I had a contraction, and them we walked in! They checked me and I was dilated to a 6 and 100% effaced and my water was close to breaking. they admitted me right away! I was so nervous I wasn't going to get my epidural because everything was happening so fast. It was 5 by now. After filling out all the paperwork I got my epidural and everything was so great from there! at about 6:30 the Dr. broke my water, by 7:35 I was ready to push. I pushed for 15 min and he was here! It was instant love! Oh my goodness I was worried about loving two kids, but the second I saw that little guy he had my heart! I love him so much!!! He is seriously the best baby and so sweet, and such a cuddle bug! I love it. My mom didn't make it to see him born, but she got there a few hours later to see him!
June didn't get to meet him until the next morning, and she didn't really want anything to do with him. She was more excited to see my mom! She gave him a quick kiss and didn't want to hold him or any thing. She is warming up to him now and is worried about him when he cries and I've got her to hold him a few times, and she wants to see him and says he's "so sweet"! She is the best big sissy!
Matt was amazing through the whole thing! he is the best husband and such a sweet daddy! We are so happy Drake is here and We are just loving him!!


9 comments:

Tyson and Marie said...

AH!!!! Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby boy and you look beautiful too! Oh...I miss you guys! June looks so big! I hope everything is going well!

R+M said...

Congrats on the new addition, Melissa! How exciting, he is so cute and I see Holm in him. :)

Ah, I am getting nervous about having 2 under 2, you'll have to teach me all the tricks because I don't know what to do!!

B and B Slack said...

Congrats on the little guy! He is darling!

Stevenson Stories said...

Congrats. You have slightly eased my mind about the 2 kids thing. He is so cute!!!

erik and annie said...

i am so excited that he is here. i want to come back to arizona so i can hold him. parks is still talking about junes baby. he is so cute, i am glad that he will cuddle with you!!! have a great thanksgiving!

ashley said...

gahhhh you have TWO kids!! congrats hes so cute.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Congrats, what a cute little guy!

stephefernie said...

I love my little nephew!!! Melissa you look BEAUTIFUL in these pictures... like really.. you just pushed a baby out of you and you don't even look gross.

Ashley Harris said...

Yay!! Cute picture of the 4 of you! And I can't believe how amazing you look right after having a baby! Not fair Melissa, not fair!